A scrupulous writer, in every sentence that he writes, will ask himself at least four questions, thus:
1. What am I trying to say?
2. What words will express it?
3. What image or idiom will make it clearer?
4. Is this image fresh enough to have an effect?
And he will probably ask himself two more:
1. Could I put it more shortly?
2. Have I said anything that is avoidably ugly?
To the Exoplanets is sort of an experiment, I guess. I’ve started this blog to practice and improve my ability to write, research, and analyze stuff. I’ll attempt to cover a wide range of topics, but I’ll most likely just concentrate on social justice issues, politics, humanism, feminism, and other related subjects. And, because I can’t resist, there will be plenty of introspective prose, opinion pieces & commentary, and perhaps the occasional creative writing exercise.